lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2022]   [Mar]   [7]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
SubjectRE: [PATCH 5.15 100/262] drm/amd/display: move FPU associated DSC code to DML folder
Date
[Public]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
> Sent: Monday, March 7, 2022 12:23 PM
> To: Deucher, Alexander <Alexander.Deucher@amd.com>
> Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; stable@vger.kernel.org; Koenig, Christian
> <Christian.Koenig@amd.com>; Wu, Hersen <hersenxs.wu@amd.com>;
> Anson Jacob <Anson.Jacob@amd.com>; Wentland, Harry
> <Harry.Wentland@amd.com>; Siqueira, Rodrigo
> <Rodrigo.Siqueira@amd.com>; Gutierrez, Agustin
> <Agustin.Gutierrez@amd.com>; Wheeler, Daniel
> <Daniel.Wheeler@amd.com>; Zhuo, Qingqing (Lillian)
> <Qingqing.Zhuo@amd.com>; Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
> Subject: Re: [PATCH 5.15 100/262] drm/amd/display: move FPU associated
> DSC code to DML folder
>
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2022 at 05:19:20PM +0000, Deucher, Alexander wrote:
> > [Public]
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
> > > Sent: Monday, March 7, 2022 4:17 AM
> > > To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> > > Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>;
> > > stable@vger.kernel.org; Koenig, Christian
> > > <Christian.Koenig@amd.com>; Wu, Hersen <hersenxs.wu@amd.com>;
> Anson
> > > Jacob <Anson.Jacob@amd.com>; Wentland, Harry
> > > <Harry.Wentland@amd.com>; Siqueira, Rodrigo
> > > <Rodrigo.Siqueira@amd.com>; Gutierrez, Agustin
> > > <Agustin.Gutierrez@amd.com>; Wheeler, Daniel
> > > <Daniel.Wheeler@amd.com>; Zhuo, Qingqing (Lillian)
> > > <Qingqing.Zhuo@amd.com>; Deucher, Alexander
> > > <Alexander.Deucher@amd.com>; Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
> > > Subject: [PATCH 5.15 100/262] drm/amd/display: move FPU associated
> > > DSC code to DML folder
> > >
> > > From: Qingqing Zhuo <qingqing.zhuo@amd.com>
> > >
> > > [ Upstream commit d738db6883df3e3c513f9e777c842262693f951b ]
> > >
> > > [Why & How]
> > > As part of the FPU isolation work documented in
> > >
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpa
> > > tc
> hwork.freedesktop.org%2Fseries%2F93042%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Calex
> > >
> ander.deucher%40amd.com%7Cf4f4d5bfb9f74edfb8b108da001e6d8f%7C3dd
> > >
> 8961fe4884e608e11a82d994e183d%7C0%7C0%7C637822427968538535%7CUn
> > >
> known%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6
> > >
> Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=2Mm24%2FPkRkih%2BToJ
> > > oBGx2wpeth0Z0Rv3dG77D06fHbw%3D&amp;reserved=0, isolate code
> that
> > > uses FPU in DSC to DML, where all FPU code should locate.
> > >
> > > This change does not refactor any functions but move code around.
> > >
> >
> > This is not a really bug fix, just general reworking of the FP code. I don't
> know that this is stable material.
>
> I think it's needed for a follow-on patch in this series, right?

I'm not sure. This series comes from Sasha. I'm not sure what his dependency chain looks like.

Alex

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2022-03-07 20:36    [W:0.107 / U:0.100 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site