lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2020]   [Feb]   [12]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
SubjectRe: [PATCH V1] dt-bindings: mmc: sdhci-msm: Add CQE reg map
From
Date

On 2/11/2020 10:12 PM, Doug Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 7:29 AM Veerabhadrarao Badiganti
> <vbadigan@codeaurora.org> wrote:
>> CQE feature has been enabled on sdhci-msm. Add CQE reg map
>> that needs to be supplied for supporting CQE feature.
>>
>> Change-Id: I788c4bd5b7cbca16bc1030a410cc5550ed7204e1
>> Signed-off-by: Veerabhadrarao Badiganti <vbadigan@codeaurora.org>
>> ---
>> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/sdhci-msm.txt | 5 +++++
>> 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)
>>
>> diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/sdhci-msm.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/sdhci-msm.txt
>> index 7ee639b..eaa0998 100644
>> --- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/sdhci-msm.txt
>> +++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/sdhci-msm.txt
>> @@ -27,6 +27,11 @@ Required properties:
>> - reg: Base address and length of the register in the following order:
>> - Host controller register map (required)
>> - SD Core register map (required for msm-v4 and below)
>> + - CQE register map (Optional, needed only for eMMC and msm-v4.2 above)
> I did a quick search and it appears that SD cards implementing 6.0 of
> the spec can also use CQE. Is that correct? If so, maybe remove the
> part about "eMMC"?
On qcom platforms, only SDHC instance meant for eMMC has the CQE support.
So mentioned that its needed only for eMMC.
>
> Maybe also change "needed" to "useful" to make it clear that this
> entry isn't actually required for all msm-v4.2 controllers?
sure.
>
>> +- reg-names: When CQE register map is supplied, below reg-names are required
>> + - "hc_mem" for Host controller register map
>> + - "core_mem" for SD cpre regoster map
> s/regoster/register
>
>
>> + - "cqhci_mem" for CQE register map
> I'm at least slightly confused. You say that reg-names are there only
> if CQE register map is supplied. ...and that requires 4.2 and above.
> ...but "core_mem" is only there on 4.0 and below. So there should
> never be a "core_mem" entry?
core_mem is present till <v5.0
cqhci_mem is present on >=v4.2
Say, for version v4.2 both are present; .... and for v5.0 only cqhci_mem
is present.

Both hc reg-map and core reg-map are being accessed through index.
So no need to list the reg names 'hc_mem' & 'core_mem' in general.

But coming to cqhci reg-map we can't access it with fixed index, since
its index varies between 1/2
based on controller version.

So we are accessing it through reg-names. Since reg-names has to be
associated with corresponding
reg maps, other two reg-names (hc_mem & core_mem) also need to br listed
when cqhci_mem is listed.

That is the reason, I mentioned it like these are needed only cqe reg
map is supplied.
If it is creating confusion, i will remove that statement.
> Trying to specify that sanely in free-form text seems like it's gonna
> be hard and not worth it. You should probably transition to yaml
> first?
>
>
> I will also note that Rob isn't a huge fan of "reg-names". In a
> different conversation I think you mentioned you had a reason for
> having it. I guess just be prepared to defend yourself against Rob if
> you feel strongly about keeping reg-names.
Sure. Its the same reason mentioned in above comment.
>
> -Doug

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2020-02-12 13:01    [W:0.200 / U:0.168 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site