lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2019]   [Sep]   [5]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
Date
SubjectRe: KASAN: invalid-free in iowarrior_disconnect
On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM syzbot
<syzbot+68a449e448766880a109@syzkaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> syzbot found the following crash on:
>
> HEAD commit: d0847550 usb-fuzzer: main usb gadget fuzzer driver
> git tree: https://github.com/google/kasan.git usb-fuzzer
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15fb03ba600000
> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=dbc9c80cc095da19
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=68a449e448766880a109
> compiler: gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.
>
> IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
> Reported-by: syzbot+68a449e448766880a109@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
>
> usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 99
> ==================================================================
> BUG: KASAN: double-free or invalid-free in iowarrior_delete
> drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c:243 [inline]
> BUG: KASAN: double-free or invalid-free in iowarrior_disconnect+0x1f8/0x2c0
> drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c:894
>
> CPU: 1 PID: 3267 Comm: kworker/1:6 Not tainted 5.3.0-rc4+ #26
> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
> Google 01/01/2011
> Workqueue: usb_hub_wq hub_event
> Call Trace:
> __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
> dump_stack+0xca/0x13e lib/dump_stack.c:113
> print_address_description+0x6a/0x32c mm/kasan/report.c:351
> kasan_report_invalid_free+0x61/0xa0 mm/kasan/report.c:444
> __kasan_slab_free+0x162/0x180 mm/kasan/common.c:428
> slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1423 [inline]
> slab_free_freelist_hook mm/slub.c:1474 [inline]
> slab_free mm/slub.c:3016 [inline]
> kfree+0xe4/0x2f0 mm/slub.c:3957
> iowarrior_delete drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c:243 [inline]
> iowarrior_disconnect+0x1f8/0x2c0 drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c:894
> usb_unbind_interface+0x1bd/0x8a0 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:423
> __device_release_driver drivers/base/dd.c:1134 [inline]
> device_release_driver_internal+0x42f/0x500 drivers/base/dd.c:1165
> bus_remove_device+0x2dc/0x4a0 drivers/base/bus.c:556
> device_del+0x420/0xb10 drivers/base/core.c:2339
> usb_disable_device+0x211/0x690 drivers/usb/core/message.c:1237
> usb_disconnect+0x284/0x8d0 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2199
> hub_port_connect drivers/usb/core/hub.c:4949 [inline]
> hub_port_connect_change drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5213 [inline]
> port_event drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5359 [inline]
> hub_event+0x1454/0x3640 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5441
> process_one_work+0x92b/0x1530 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
> worker_thread+0x96/0xe20 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
> kthread+0x318/0x420 kernel/kthread.c:255
> ret_from_fork+0x24/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:352
>
> Allocated by task 2745:
> save_stack+0x1b/0x80 mm/kasan/common.c:69
> set_track mm/kasan/common.c:77 [inline]
> __kasan_kmalloc mm/kasan/common.c:487 [inline]
> __kasan_kmalloc.constprop.0+0xbf/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:460
> kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:557 [inline]
> iowarrior_probe+0x526/0x10b2 drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c:800
> usb_probe_interface+0x305/0x7a0 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:361
> really_probe+0x281/0x6d0 drivers/base/dd.c:548
> driver_probe_device+0x101/0x1b0 drivers/base/dd.c:721
> __device_attach_driver+0x1c2/0x220 drivers/base/dd.c:828
> bus_for_each_drv+0x162/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:454
> __device_attach+0x217/0x360 drivers/base/dd.c:894
> bus_probe_device+0x1e4/0x290 drivers/base/bus.c:514
> device_add+0xae6/0x16f0 drivers/base/core.c:2165
> usb_set_configuration+0xdf6/0x1670 drivers/usb/core/message.c:2023
> generic_probe+0x9d/0xd5 drivers/usb/core/generic.c:210
> usb_probe_device+0x99/0x100 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:266
> really_probe+0x281/0x6d0 drivers/base/dd.c:548
> driver_probe_device+0x101/0x1b0 drivers/base/dd.c:721
> __device_attach_driver+0x1c2/0x220 drivers/base/dd.c:828
> bus_for_each_drv+0x162/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:454
> __device_attach+0x217/0x360 drivers/base/dd.c:894
> bus_probe_device+0x1e4/0x290 drivers/base/bus.c:514
> device_add+0xae6/0x16f0 drivers/base/core.c:2165
> usb_new_device.cold+0x6a4/0xe79 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2536
> hub_port_connect drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5098 [inline]
> hub_port_connect_change drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5213 [inline]
> port_event drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5359 [inline]
> hub_event+0x1b5c/0x3640 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5441
> process_one_work+0x92b/0x1530 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
> worker_thread+0x96/0xe20 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
> kthread+0x318/0x420 kernel/kthread.c:255
> ret_from_fork+0x24/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:352
>
> Freed by task 4897:
> save_stack+0x1b/0x80 mm/kasan/common.c:69
> set_track mm/kasan/common.c:77 [inline]
> __kasan_slab_free+0x130/0x180 mm/kasan/common.c:449
> slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1423 [inline]
> slab_free_freelist_hook mm/slub.c:1474 [inline]
> slab_free mm/slub.c:3016 [inline]
> kfree+0xe4/0x2f0 mm/slub.c:3957
> iowarrior_delete drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c:243 [inline]
> iowarrior_release+0x123/0x280 drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c:670
> __fput+0x2d7/0x840 fs/file_table.c:280
> task_work_run+0x13f/0x1c0 kernel/task_work.c:113
> tracehook_notify_resume include/linux/tracehook.h:188 [inline]
> exit_to_usermode_loop+0x1d2/0x200 arch/x86/entry/common.c:163
> prepare_exit_to_usermode arch/x86/entry/common.c:194 [inline]
> syscall_return_slowpath arch/x86/entry/common.c:274 [inline]
> do_syscall_64+0x45f/0x580 arch/x86/entry/common.c:299
> entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
>
> The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff8881da290558
> which belongs to the cache kmalloc-8 of size 8
> The buggy address is located 0 bytes inside of
> 8-byte region [ffff8881da290558, ffff8881da290560)
> The buggy address belongs to the page:
> page:ffffea000768a400 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:ffff8881da003900
> index:0xffff8881da290de0
> flags: 0x200000000000200(slab)
> raw: 0200000000000200 ffffea0007343c00 0000000600000006 ffff8881da003900
> raw: ffff8881da290de0 0000000080aa002f 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
> page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected
>
> Memory state around the buggy address:
> ffff8881da290400: fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc
> ffff8881da290480: fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb
> > ffff8881da290500: fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc
> ^
> ffff8881da290580: fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc
> ffff8881da290600: fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb fc fc fb
> ==================================================================
>
>
> ---
> This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
> syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.
>
> syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
> https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

#syz dup: KASAN: use-after-free Read in iowarrior_disconnect

https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=c59a8f0485cd6634443cdf23cdbf3ea264dd888d

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2019-09-05 14:13    [W:0.034 / U:1.320 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site