[lkml]   [2019]   [Sep]   [27]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
Subject[PATCH 0/7] module: various bug-fixes and clean-ups for module namespace

I was hit by some problems caused by the module namespace feature
that was merged recently. At least, the breakage of
external module builds is a fatal one. I just took a look at the code
closer, and I noticed some more issues and improvements.

I hope these patches are mostly OK.
The 4th patch might have room for argument since it is a trade-off
of "cleaner implermentation" vs "code size".

Masahiro Yamada (7):
modpost: fix broken sym->namespace for external module builds
module: swap the order of symbol.namespace
module: rename __kstrtab_ns_* to __kstrtabns_* to avoid symbol
module: avoid code duplication in include/linux/export.h
kbuild: fix build error of 'make nsdeps' in clean tree
nsdeps: fix hashbang of scripts/nsdeps
nsdeps: make generated patches independent of locale

Makefile | 2 +-
include/linux/export.h | 104 ++++++++++++++---------------------------
kernel/module.c | 2 +-
scripts/mod/modpost.c | 20 ++++----
scripts/nsdeps | 4 +-
5 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 85 deletions(-)


 \ /
  Last update: 2019-09-27 11:37    [W:0.147 / U:0.300 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site