lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2019]   [Nov]   [20]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: general protection fault in virtio_transport_release
On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 1:35 PM syzbot <syzbot+e2e5c07bf353b2f79daa@syzkaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> syzbot found the following crash on:
>
> HEAD commit: 1e8795b1 mscc.c: fix semicolon.cocci warnings
> git tree: net-next
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15d77406e00000
> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e855e9c92c9474fe
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=e2e5c07bf353b2f79daa
> compiler: gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)
> syz repro: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1537f46ae00000
> C reproducer: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=11359c6ae00000
>
> The bug was bisected to:
>
> commit f366cd2a2e510b155e18b21a2d149332aa08eb61
> Author: Vadim Pasternak <vadimp@mellanox.com>
> Date: Mon Oct 21 10:30:30 2019 +0000
>
> mlxsw: reg: Add macro for getting QSFP module EEPROM page number
>
> bisection log: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=148945aae00000
> final crash: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=168945aae00000
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=128945aae00000
>
> IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
> Reported-by: syzbot+e2e5c07bf353b2f79daa@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
> Fixes: f366cd2a2e51 ("mlxsw: reg: Add macro for getting QSFP module EEPROM
> page number")

I'm working on this issue.

I think the problem is related to
ac03046ece2b "vsock/virtio: free packets during the socket release"

I'll send a patch ASAP.

Thanks,
Stefano

>
> RDX: 0000000000000010 RSI: 00000000200000c0 RDI: 0000000000000004
> RBP: 0000000000000005 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 00007ffd5b250031
> R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000401e00
> R13: 0000000000401e90 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
> kasan: CONFIG_KASAN_INLINE enabled
> kasan: GPF could be caused by NULL-ptr deref or user memory access
> general protection fault: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP KASAN
> CPU: 0 PID: 8862 Comm: syz-executor079 Not tainted 5.4.0-rc6+ #0
> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
> Google 01/01/2011
> RIP: 0010:virtio_transport_release+0x13b/0xcb0
> net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport_common.c:826
> Code: e8 aa e6 2b fa 66 41 83 fd 01 0f 84 34 02 00 00 e8 3a e5 2b fa 48 8b
> 95 30 ff ff ff 48 b8 00 00 00 00 00 fc ff df 48 c1 ea 03 <80> 3c 02 00 0f
> 85 22 0a 00 00 48 8b bb 98 00 00 00 48 b8 00 00 00
> RSP: 0018:ffff888092dbfaf0 EFLAGS: 00010202
> RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: ffffffff87474aa0
> RDX: 0000000000000013 RSI: ffffffff874747d6 RDI: 0000000000000001
> RBP: ffff888092dbfc00 R08: ffff88809245a380 R09: fffffbfff1555fe1
> R10: fffffbfff1555fe0 R11: 0000000000000003 R12: ffff888092dbfbd8
> R13: 0000000000000007 R14: 0000000000000007 R15: 0000000000000000
> FS: 0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880ae800000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
> CS: 0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
> CR2: 00000000200000c4 CR3: 0000000008e6d000 CR4: 00000000001406f0
> DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
> DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
> Call Trace:
> __vsock_release+0x80/0x2d0 net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.c:733
> vsock_release+0x35/0xa0 net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.c:806
> __sock_release+0xce/0x280 net/socket.c:590
> sock_close+0x1e/0x30 net/socket.c:1268
> __fput+0x2ff/0x890 fs/file_table.c:280
> ____fput+0x16/0x20 fs/file_table.c:313
> task_work_run+0x145/0x1c0 kernel/task_work.c:113
> exit_task_work include/linux/task_work.h:22 [inline]
> do_exit+0x904/0x2e60 kernel/exit.c:817
> do_group_exit+0x135/0x360 kernel/exit.c:921
> __do_sys_exit_group kernel/exit.c:932 [inline]
> __se_sys_exit_group kernel/exit.c:930 [inline]
> __x64_sys_exit_group+0x44/0x50 kernel/exit.c:930
> do_syscall_64+0xfa/0x760 arch/x86/entry/common.c:290
> entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
> RIP: 0033:0x43f1d8
> Code: Bad RIP value.
> RSP: 002b:00007ffd5b25f838 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000e7
> RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 000000000043f1d8
> RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 000000000000003c RDI: 0000000000000000
> RBP: 00000000004befa8 R08: 00000000000000e7 R09: ffffffffffffffd0
> R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000001
> R13: 00000000006d1180 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
> Modules linked in:
> ---[ end trace 4b9b883ea3ab661f ]---
> RIP: 0010:virtio_transport_release+0x13b/0xcb0
> net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport_common.c:826
> Code: e8 aa e6 2b fa 66 41 83 fd 01 0f 84 34 02 00 00 e8 3a e5 2b fa 48 8b
> 95 30 ff ff ff 48 b8 00 00 00 00 00 fc ff df 48 c1 ea 03 <80> 3c 02 00 0f
> 85 22 0a 00 00 48 8b bb 98 00 00 00 48 b8 00 00 00
> RSP: 0018:ffff888092dbfaf0 EFLAGS: 00010202
> RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: ffffffff87474aa0
> RDX: 0000000000000013 RSI: ffffffff874747d6 RDI: 0000000000000001
> RBP: ffff888092dbfc00 R08: ffff88809245a380 R09: fffffbfff1555fe1
> R10: fffffbfff1555fe0 R11: 0000000000000003 R12: ffff888092dbfbd8
> R13: 0000000000000007 R14: 0000000000000007 R15: 0000000000000000
> FS: 00000000009db880(0000) GS:ffff8880ae800000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
> CS: 0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
> CR2: 000000000043f1ae CR3: 0000000008e6d000 CR4: 00000000001406f0
> DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
> DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
>
>
> ---
> This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
> syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.
>
> syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
> https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
> For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection
> syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
> https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches
>

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2019-11-20 13:04    [W:0.067 / U:2.952 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site