lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2019]   [Jan]   [15]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
SubjectRe: use generic DMA mapping code in powerpc V4
From
Date
Next step: 240d7ecd7f6fa62e074e8a835e620047954f0b28 (powerpc/dma: use 
the dma-direct allocator for coherent platforms)

git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git -b powerpc-dma.6 a

git checkout 240d7ecd7f6fa62e074e8a835e620047954f0b28

Link to the Git:
http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/powerpc-dma.6

env LANG=C make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-gnu- ARCH=powerpc zImage

Error message:

arch/powerpc/kernel/dma.o:(.data.rel.ro+0x0): undefined reference to
`__dma_nommu_alloc_coherent'
arch/powerpc/kernel/dma.o:(.data.rel.ro+0x8): undefined reference to
`__dma_nommu_free_coherent'
Makefile:1027: recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

-- Christian


On 12 January 2019 at 7:14PM, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
> Next step: 4558b6e1ddf3dcf5a86d6a5d16c2ac1600c7df39 (swiotlb: remove
> swiotlb_dma_supported)
>
> git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git -b powerpc-dma.6 a
>
> git checkout 4558b6e1ddf3dcf5a86d6a5d16c2ac1600c7df39
>
> Output:
>
> You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
> changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
> state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
>
> If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
> do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again.
> Example:
>
>   git checkout -b <new-branch-name>
>
> HEAD is now at 4558b6e... swiotlb: remove swiotlb_dma_supported
>
> ----
>
> Link to the Git:
> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/powerpc-dma.6
>
> Results: PASEMI onboard ethernet (X1000) works and the X5000 (P5020
> board) boots. I also successfully tested sound, hardware 3D
> acceleration, Bluetooth, network, booting with a label etc. The
> uImages work also in a virtual e5500 quad-core QEMU machine.
>
> -- Christian
>
>
> On 11 January 2019 at 03:10AM, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
>> Next step: 891dcc1072f1fa27a83da920d88daff6ca08fc02 (powerpc/dma:
>> remove dma_nommu_dma_supported)
>>
>> git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git -b powerpc-dma.6 a
>>
>> git checkout 891dcc1072f1fa27a83da920d88daff6ca08fc02
>>
>> Output:
>>
>> Note: checking out '891dcc1072f1fa27a83da920d88daff6ca08fc02'.
>>
>> You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
>> changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in
>> this
>> state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
>>
>> If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
>> do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again.
>> Example:
>>
>> git checkout -b <new-branch-name>
>>
>> HEAD is now at 891dcc1... powerpc/dma: remove dma_nommu_dma_supported
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Link to the Git:
>> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/powerpc-dma.6
>>
>> Results: PASEMI onboard ethernet works and the X5000 (P5020 board)
>> boots. I also successfully tested sound, hardware 3D acceleration,
>> Bluetooth, network, booting with a label etc. The uImages work also
>> in a virtual e5500 quad-core QEMU machine.
>>
>> -- Christian
>>
>>
>> On 09 January 2019 at 10:31AM, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
>>> Next step: a64e18ba191ba9102fb174f27d707485ffd9389c (powerpc/dma:
>>> remove dma_nommu_get_required_mask)
>>>
>>> git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git -b powerpc-dma.6 a
>>>
>>> git checkout a64e18ba191ba9102fb174f27d707485ffd9389c
>>>
>>> Link to the Git:
>>> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/powerpc-dma.6
>>>
>>> Results: PASEMI onboard ethernet works and the X5000 (P5020 board)
>>> boots. I also successfully tested sound, hardware 3D acceleration,
>>> Bluetooth, network, booting with a label etc. The uImages work also
>>> in a virtual e5500 quad-core QEMU machine.
>>>
>>> -- Christian
>>>
>>>
>>> On 05 January 2019 at 5:03PM, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
>>>> Next step: c446404b041130fbd9d1772d184f24715cf2362f (powerpc/dma:
>>>> remove dma_nommu_mmap_coherent)
>>>>
>>>> git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git -b
>>>> powerpc-dma.6 a
>>>>
>>>> git checkout c446404b041130fbd9d1772d184f24715cf2362f
>>>>
>>>> Output:
>>>>
>>>> Note: checking out 'c446404b041130fbd9d1772d184f24715cf2362f'.
>>>>
>>>> You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make
>>>> experimental
>>>> changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make
>>>> in this
>>>> state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
>>>>
>>>> If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create,
>>>> you may
>>>> do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again.
>>>> Example:
>>>>
>>>>   git checkout -b <new-branch-name>
>>>>
>>>> HEAD is now at c446404... powerpc/dma: remove dma_nommu_mmap_coherent
>>>>
>>>> -----
>>>>
>>>> Link to the Git:
>>>> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/powerpc-dma.6
>>>>
>>>> Result: PASEMI onboard ethernet works and the X5000 (P5020 board)
>>>> boots.
>>>>
>>>> -- Christian
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2019-01-15 09:08    [W:0.130 / U:6.132 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site