lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2018]   [Sep]   [3]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
SubjectRe: [PATCH 4.18 000/123] 4.18.6-stable review
From
Date
Le 3/09/18 à 20:39, Holger Hoffstätte a écrit :
> On 09/03/18 18:55, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 4.18.6 release.
>
> Unfortunately this is busted. First blamed my custom patches, but as it
> turns out a 100% vanilla 4.18.6 build crashes as well. Single-user starts,
> but later when starting services and esp. autofs (I think - too much
> output)
> explodes with:
>
> ...
> Sep  3 20:19:36 ragnarok kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link
> is not ready
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: BUG: stack guard page was hit at
> 00000000ab58c99c (stack is 00000000382b9464..00000000d642b9d6)
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: kernel stack overflow (double-fault):
> 0000 [#1] SMP
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: CPU: 4 PID: 3634 Comm: automount
> Tainted: G           O      4.18.6 #1
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: Hardware name: Gigabyte Technology Co.,
> Ltd. P67-DS3-B3/P67-DS3-B3, BIOS F1 05/06/2011
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RIP:
> 0010:flush_tlb_func_common.constprop.4+0x23/0x260
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: Code: 0b eb e5 0f 1f 40 00 66 66 66 66
> 90 55 48 89 e5 41 57 41 56 41 55 41 54 53 48 83 e4 f0 48 83 ec 20 65 48
> 8b 04 25 28 00 00 00 <48> 89 44 24 18 31 c0 65 66 8b 1d 96 fd fc 7e 0f
> b7 c3 65 48 8b 15
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RSP: 0018:ffffc9000326bfe0 EFLAGS:
> 00010082
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RAX: cf0a75e3a0e78e00 RBX:
> ffff880601006cc0 RCX: 0000000000000000
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RDX: 00007fb464e7e000 RSI:
> 0000000000000003 RDI: ffffc9000326c040
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RBP: ffffc9000326c030 R08:
> 00000005fca490e7 R09: 00000000004fa811
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: R10: 0000000000000002 R11:
> 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000000000004
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: R13: ffff8805fbab7600 R14:
> ffff880601006cc0 R15: ffff880602dfb540
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: FS:  00007fb469245240(0000)
> GS:ffff88061f500000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0:
> 0000000080050033
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: CR2: ffffc9000326bfd8 CR3:
> 00000005feadb001 CR4: 00000000000606e0
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: Call Trace:
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  flush_tlb_mm_range+0xff/0x110
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  ? cpumask_any_but+0x1f/0x40
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  ? cpumask_any_but+0x1f/0x40
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  tlb_flush_mmu_tlbonly+0x76/0xc0
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  tlb_table_flush.part.13+0xe/0x30
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  tlb_flush_mmu_tlbonly+0x54/0xc0
> ..a few hundred times..
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  tlb_table_flush.part.13+0xe/0x30
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  tlb_flush_mmu_tlbonly+0x54/0xc0
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  arch_tlb_finish_mmu+0x3a/0x70
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  tlb_finish_mmu+0x1f/0x30
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  unmap_region+0xdd/0x110
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  ? __vma_rb_erase+0x128/0x250
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  do_munmap+0x273/0x3f0
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  vm_munmap+0x5f/0xa0
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  __x64_sys_munmap+0x22/0x30
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  do_syscall_64+0x3e/0xe0
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel:  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RIP: 0033:0x7fb469081187
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: Code: ff ff ff f7 d8 89 05 58 df 20 00
> 48 c7 c0 ff ff ff ff eb 8a 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 44 00 00
> b8 0b 00 00 00 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 8d 0d 29 df 20 00
> f7 d8 89 01 48 83
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RSP: 002b:00007ffef83ba548 EFLAGS:
> 00000206 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000000b
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX:
> 0000562a1dca9010 RCX: 00007fb469081187
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RDX: 0000000000000002 RSI:
> 0000000000204028 RDI: 00007fb464c79000
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RBP: 00007ffef83ba720 R08:
> 00007fb46928e930 R09: 0000000000000000
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: R10: 00007fb464e7d000 R11:
> 0000000000000206 R12: 00007ffef83ba654
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: R13: 00007ffef83ba610 R14:
> 00007ffef83ba655 R15: 00007fb46928e000
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: Modules linked in: autofs4 tcp_bbr
> sch_fq_codel pci_stub vboxpci(O) vboxnetadp(O) vboxnetflt(O) vboxdrv(O)
> it87 hwmon_vid x86_pkg_temp_thermal uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc
> videobuf2_memops snd_usb_audio videobuf2_v4l2 snd_hwdep bfq
> snd_usbmidi_lib videodev snd_rawmidi coretemp snd_seq_device
> videobuf2_common radeon usbhid kvm_intel i2c_algo_bit kvm
> snd_hda_codec_realtek irqbypass drm_kms_helper snd_hda_codec_hdmi
> snd_hda_codec_generic pcbc syscopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt mq_deadline
> fb_sys_fops ttm snd_hda_intel aesni_intel snd_hda_codec drm snd_hda_core
> aes_x86_64 crypto_simd drm_panel_orientation_quirks cryptd snd_pcm
> glue_helper backlight snd_timer snd i2c_i801 soundcore i2c_core r8169
> parport_pc parport mii
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: ---[ end trace cf25033b43d98311 ]---
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RIP:
> 0010:flush_tlb_func_common.constprop.4+0x23/0x260
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: Code: 0b eb e5 0f 1f 40 00 66 66 66 66
> 90 55 48 89 e5 41 57 41 56 41 55 41 54 53 48 83 e4 f0 48 83 ec 20 65 48
> 8b 04 25 28 00 00 00 <48> 89 44 24 18 31 c0 65 66 8b 1d 96 fd fc 7e 0f
> b7 c3 65 48 8b 15
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RSP: 0018:ffffc9000326bfe0 EFLAGS:
> 00010082
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RAX: cf0a75e3a0e78e00 RBX:
> ffff880601006cc0 RCX: 0000000000000000
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RDX: 00007fb464e7e000 RSI:
> 0000000000000003 RDI: ffffc9000326c040
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: RBP: ffffc9000326c030 R08:
> 00000005fca490e7 R09: 00000000004fa811
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: R10: 0000000000000002 R11:
> 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000000000004
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: R13: ffff8805fbab7600 R14:
> ffff880601006cc0 R15: ffff880602dfb540
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: FS:  00007fb469245240(0000)
> GS:ffff88061f500000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0:
> 0000000080050033
> Sep  3 20:19:38 ragnarok kernel: CR2: ffffc9000326bfd8 CR3:
> 00000005feadb001 CR4: 00000000000606e0
> Sep  3 20:19:40 ragnarok kernel: r8169 0000:04:00.0 eth0: link up
> Sep  3 20:19:40 ragnarok kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0:
> link becomes ready
>
> This is repeatable; full log is available on request.
>
> Reverting
> "mm-tlb-x86-mm-support-invalidating-tlb-caches-for-rcu_table_free"
> makes everything work.
>
> I'm now going back to my custom tree with lazy TLB handling, that worked as
> advertised. :D
>
> cheers
> Holger
>
I confirm this also for the 4.14 tree. I get the same errors and
reverting the same patch also fixes the problem.

François Valenduc

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2018-09-03 23:17    [W:0.440 / U:3.144 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site