lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2018]   [Sep]   [22]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
SubjectRe: [PATCH v7 0/7] clocksource: rework Atmel TCB timer driver
From
Date
On 13/09/2018 13:30, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This series reworks the Atmel TCB drivers. It introduces a new driver to handle
> the clocksource and clockevent devices.
>
> This is necessary because:
> - the current tcb_clksrc driver is probed too late to be able to be used at
> boot and we now have SoCs that don't have a PIT. They currently are not able
> to boot a mainline kernel.
> - using the PIT doesn't work well with preempt-rt because its interrupt is
> shared (in particular with the UART and their interrupt flags are
> incompatible)

You say for rt the PIT is not suitable because of the shared irq but in
the driver, the interrupt is flagged as shared.

> - the current solution is wasting some TCB channels
>
> The plan is to get this driver upstream, then convert the TCB PWM driver to be
> able to get rid of the tcb_clksrc driver along with atmel_tclib now that AVR32
> is gone.
>
> changes in v7:
> - fixed a warning when building on 64 bit platforms
>
> changes in v6:
> - rebased on v4.19-rc1
> - separated the clocksource/clockevent and the single clockevent in two
> different patches
> - removed struct tc_clkevt_device and simply use struct atmel_tcb_clksrc
> - removed struct atmel_tcb_info
> - moved tcb_clk_get and tcb_irq_get to users
>
> changes in v5:
> - rebased on v4.18-rc1
> - fixed the clock enabling/disabling in atomic context under preempt-rt
>
> Changes in v4:
> - rebased on top of v4.17-rc1
> - fixed an issue when setting max_delta for clockevents_config_and_register
>
> Alexandre Belloni (7):
> ARM: at91: add TCB registers definitions
> clocksource/drivers: Add a new driver for the Atmel ARM TC blocks
> clocksource/drivers: timer-atmel-tcb: add clockevent device on
> separate channel
> clocksource/drivers: atmel-pit: make option silent
> ARM: at91: Implement clocksource selection
> ARM: configs: at91: use new TCB timer driver
> ARM: configs: at91: unselect PIT
>
> arch/arm/configs/at91_dt_defconfig | 2 +-
> arch/arm/configs/sama5_defconfig | 2 +-
> arch/arm/mach-at91/Kconfig | 25 ++
> drivers/clocksource/Kconfig | 13 +-
> drivers/clocksource/Makefile | 3 +-
> drivers/clocksource/timer-atmel-tcb.c | 617 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> include/soc/at91/atmel_tcb.h | 183 ++++++++
> 7 files changed, 841 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
> create mode 100644 drivers/clocksource/timer-atmel-tcb.c
> create mode 100644 include/soc/at91/atmel_tcb.h
>


--
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2018-09-22 13:31    [W:0.150 / U:11.024 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site