lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2018]   [May]   [4]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
Date
SubjectRe: KASAN: use-after-free Read in should_fail
On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 3:07 PM, syzbot
<syzbot+7f7b8d424eb621469f0a@syzkaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> syzbot found the following crash on:
>
> HEAD commit: 150426981426 Merge tag 'linux-kselftest-4.17-rc4' of git:/..
> git tree: upstream
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17e4975b800000
> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=5a1dc06635c10d27
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7f7b8d424eb621469f0a
> compiler: gcc (GCC) 8.0.1 20180413 (experimental)
> syzkaller repro:https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=10652e57800000
> C reproducer: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=11036e47800000
>
> IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
> Reported-by: syzbot+7f7b8d424eb621469f0a@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

This is a repro for:

#syz dup: KASAN: use-after-free Read in fuse_kill_sb_blk

> R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000000
> R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
> CPU: 0 PID: 4531 Comm: syz-executor152 Not tainted 4.17.0-rc3+ #32
> ==================================================================
> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
> Google 01/01/2011
> BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in __lock_acquire+0x3888/0x5140
> kernel/locking/lockdep.c:3310
> Read of size 8 at addr ffff8801b75554c8 by task syz-executor152/4523
> Call Trace:
>
> __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
> dump_stack+0x1b9/0x294 lib/dump_stack.c:113
> fail_dump lib/fault-inject.c:51 [inline]
> should_fail.cold.4+0xa/0x1a lib/fault-inject.c:149
> __should_failslab+0x124/0x180 mm/failslab.c:32
> should_failslab+0x9/0x14 mm/slab_common.c:1522
> slab_pre_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:423 [inline]
> slab_alloc mm/slab.c:3378 [inline]
> __do_kmalloc mm/slab.c:3716 [inline]
> __kmalloc_track_caller+0x2c4/0x760 mm/slab.c:3733
> kstrdup+0x39/0x70 mm/util.c:56
> fs_set_subtype fs/namespace.c:2443 [inline]
> do_new_mount fs/namespace.c:2521 [inline]
> do_mount+0x25e7/0x3070 fs/namespace.c:2848
> ksys_mount+0x12d/0x140 fs/namespace.c:3064
> __do_sys_mount fs/namespace.c:3078 [inline]
> __se_sys_mount fs/namespace.c:3075 [inline]
> __x64_sys_mount+0xbe/0x150 fs/namespace.c:3075
> do_syscall_64+0x1b1/0x800 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
> entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
> RIP: 0033:0x447cd9
> RSP: 002b:00007fbb431e0828 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000a5
> RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000005 RCX: 0000000000447cd9
> RDX: 00000000004b08f6 RSI: 0000000020000100 RDI: 00000000004c74a5
> RBP: 000000000000c000 R08: 00007fbb431e0840 R09: 0000000000000000
> R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000000
> R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
> CPU: 1 PID: 4523 Comm: syz-executor152 Not tainted 4.17.0-rc3+ #32
> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
> Google 01/01/2011
> Call Trace:
> __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
> dump_stack+0x1b9/0x294 lib/dump_stack.c:113
> print_address_description+0x6c/0x20b mm/kasan/report.c:256
> kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:354 [inline]
> kasan_report.cold.7+0x242/0x2fe mm/kasan/report.c:412
> __asan_report_load8_noabort+0x14/0x20 mm/kasan/report.c:433
> __lock_acquire+0x3888/0x5140 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:3310
> lock_acquire+0x1dc/0x520 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:3920
> down_write+0x87/0x120 kernel/locking/rwsem.c:70
> fuse_kill_sb_anon+0x50/0xb0 fs/fuse/inode.c:1200
> deactivate_locked_super+0x97/0x100 fs/super.c:316
> mount_nodev+0xfa/0x110 fs/super.c:1212
> fuse_mount+0x2c/0x40 fs/fuse/inode.c:1192
> mount_fs+0xae/0x328 fs/super.c:1267
> vfs_kern_mount.part.34+0xd4/0x4d0 fs/namespace.c:1037
> vfs_kern_mount fs/namespace.c:1027 [inline]
> do_new_mount fs/namespace.c:2518 [inline]
> do_mount+0x564/0x3070 fs/namespace.c:2848
> ksys_mount+0x12d/0x140 fs/namespace.c:3064
> __do_sys_mount fs/namespace.c:3078 [inline]
> __se_sys_mount fs/namespace.c:3075 [inline]
> __x64_sys_mount+0xbe/0x150 fs/namespace.c:3075
> do_syscall_64+0x1b1/0x800 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
> entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
> RIP: 0033:0x447cd9
> RSP: 002b:00007fbb431e0828 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000a5
> RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000005 RCX: 0000000000447cd9
> RDX: 00000000004b08f6 RSI: 0000000020000100 RDI: 00000000004c74a5
> RBP: 000000000000c000 R08: 00007fbb431e0840 R09: 0000000000000000
> R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000000
> R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
>
> Allocated by task 4523:
> save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:448
> set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:460 [inline]
> kasan_kmalloc+0xc4/0xe0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:553
> kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x152/0x780 mm/slab.c:3620
> kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:512 [inline]
> fuse_fill_super+0xc92/0x1e20 fs/fuse/inode.c:1096
> mount_nodev+0x6b/0x110 fs/super.c:1210
> fuse_mount+0x2c/0x40 fs/fuse/inode.c:1192
> mount_fs+0xae/0x328 fs/super.c:1267
> vfs_kern_mount.part.34+0xd4/0x4d0 fs/namespace.c:1037
> vfs_kern_mount fs/namespace.c:1027 [inline]
> do_new_mount fs/namespace.c:2518 [inline]
> do_mount+0x564/0x3070 fs/namespace.c:2848
> ksys_mount+0x12d/0x140 fs/namespace.c:3064
> __do_sys_mount fs/namespace.c:3078 [inline]
> __se_sys_mount fs/namespace.c:3075 [inline]
> __x64_sys_mount+0xbe/0x150 fs/namespace.c:3075
> do_syscall_64+0x1b1/0x800 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
> entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
>
> Freed by task 4312:
> save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:448
> set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:460 [inline]
> __kasan_slab_free+0x11a/0x170 mm/kasan/kasan.c:521
> kasan_slab_free+0xe/0x10 mm/kasan/kasan.c:528
> __cache_free mm/slab.c:3498 [inline]
> kfree+0xd9/0x260 mm/slab.c:3813
> __rcu_reclaim kernel/rcu/rcu.h:173 [inline]
> rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2675 [inline]
> invoke_rcu_callbacks kernel/rcu/tree.c:2930 [inline]
> __rcu_process_callbacks kernel/rcu/tree.c:2897 [inline]
> rcu_process_callbacks+0xa69/0x15f0 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2914
> __do_softirq+0x2e0/0xaf5 kernel/softirq.c:285
>
> The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff8801b7555200
> which belongs to the cache kmalloc-1024 of size 1024
> The buggy address is located 712 bytes inside of
> 1024-byte region [ffff8801b7555200, ffff8801b7555600)
> The buggy address belongs to the page:
> page:ffffea0006dd5500 count:1 mapcount:0 mapping:ffff8801b7554000 index:0x0
> compound_mapcount: 0
> flags: 0x2fffc0000008100(slab|head)
> raw: 02fffc0000008100 ffff8801b7554000 0000000000000000 0000000100000007
> raw: ffffea0006dd9020 ffffea0006db0d20 ffff8801da800ac0 0000000000000000
> page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected
>
> Memory state around the buggy address:
> ffff8801b7555380: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
> ffff8801b7555400: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>>
>> ffff8801b7555480: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>
> ^
> ffff8801b7555500: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
> ffff8801b7555580: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
> ==================================================================
>
>
> ---
> This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
> syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.
>
> syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
> If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is
> merged
> into any tree, please reply to this email with:
> #syz fix: exact-commit-title
> If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
> #syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
> and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
> To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
> #syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
> If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
> #syz invalid
> Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug
> report.
> Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "syzkaller-bugs" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to syzkaller-bugs+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/syzkaller-bugs/00000000000004e875056b60fffe%40google.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2018-05-04 15:18    [W:0.026 / U:5.384 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site