lkml.org

On 12/23/2017 08:26 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 08:13:48AM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> On 12/23/2017 06:46 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>>> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 10:19:32AM +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>>>> On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 10:18:31AM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>>>>> On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 09:45:41AM +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>>>>>> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 4.4.108 release.
>>>>>> There are 78 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
>>>>>> to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
>>>>>> let me know.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Responses should be made by Sun Dec 24 08:45:30 UTC 2017.
>>>>>> Anything received after that time might be too late.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I lost track with versions. This is with v4.4.107-79-g0989207.
>>>>>
>>>>> Build results:
>>>>> total: 145 pass: 144 fail: 1
>>>>> Failed builds:
>>>>> alpha:allmodconfig
>>>>> Qemu test results:
>>>>> total: 118 pass: 118 fail: 0
>>>>>
>>>>> alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h: In function 'ev5_switch_mm':
>>>>> arch/alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h:158:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'task_thread_info'
>>>>> arch/alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h:158:24: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
>>>>> alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h: In function 'init_new_context':
>>>>> arch/alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h:236:24: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
>>>>> arch/alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h: In function 'enter_lazy_tlb':
>>>>> arch/alpha/include/asm/mmu_context.h:250:23: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
>>>>>
>>>>> Didn't I already report this ?
>>>>
>>>> I thought that was a 4.9 issue. Let me look into this later today,
>>>> thanks for the report...
>>>
>>> Hm, yeah, looks to be the same issue that 4.9 had. I resolve that by
>>> ripping out the whole series, which I don't want to do here. Let me see
>>> if I can resolve it simpler...
>>>
>> Apply 8ee912dab95f ("alpha: fix build failures") and fix conflict by picking
>> the new include files. I am currently rebuilding with that applied to ensure
>> that it breaks nothing else.
> Now added, and pushed out, let me know how that goes.
Confirmed fixed. I'll send a complete build report later.

> Again, many thanks for your help here,

My pleasure. And pure self-interest, of course. After all, I can hardly argue
for stable release merges if stable is broken.

Thanks,
Guenter

\

\ /
  Last update: 2017-12-23 18:12    [W:0.113 / U:0.676 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site