[lkml]   [2017]   [Oct]   [8]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
Subject[PATCH 0/6] kconfig: Fix memory leaks during parsing

This patchset plugs all memory leaks that occur in the parser (zconf.y) while
parsing the x86 Kconfigs (and likely the other ARCHes too). I noticed that
Kconfig is pretty leaky while working on the fix for 'm' before MODULES

The biggest culprit is all symbol names being leaked outside of expressions:
316 KB leaked. 'source' filenames being leaked adds another 41 KB. The other
leaks are minor (< 1 KB each). The fixes can be applied independently.

This is mostly just to get a clean slate with Valgrind, but also cleans up the
code a bit as a side effect. Any performance difference (plus or minus) seems
to be in the noise.

Tested with the Kconfiglib test suite, which indirectly verifies that Kconfig
still generates the same .config for alldefconfig, allnoconfig, allyesconfig,
and all defconfigs, for all architectures. I also tested that menuconfig gets
the right main menu text with and without a 'mainmenu' statement.

As a reminder, the parsers can be rebuilt like this:


Here's an easy way to run Valgrind on menuconfig (nothing seems to look at
KERNELVERSION, so just set it to avoid a warning):

$ ARCH=x86 SRCARCH=x86 KERNELVERSION=4.14.0-rc2 valgrind --leak-check=full scripts/kconfig/mconf Kconfig


Ulf Magnusson (6):
kconfig: Don't leak symbol names during parsing
kconfig: Don't leak 'source' filenames during parsing
kconfig: Don't leak 'option' arguments during parsing
Kconfig: Don't leak main menus during parsing
kconfig: Don't leak help strings during parsing
kconfig: Regenerate parser

scripts/kconfig/symbol.c | 5 +
scripts/kconfig/ | 562 +++++++++++++++++++-----------------
scripts/kconfig/zconf.y | 77 +++--
3 files changed, 349 insertions(+), 295 deletions(-)


 \ /
  Last update: 2017-10-08 19:12    [W:0.111 / U:0.132 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site